Thursday, February 20, 2014

Post-check up depression

I've encountered a lot of health check-ups since I was young. I was sickly then that's why I treated hospitals as my second home (and ships as my third because I always travel going to Puerto or Manila.). But yesterday (and up until now), I was really depressed with the result. I have a health problem that resurfaced after how many years. Since that problems was solved already, we focused our attention in my heart condition (this is serious, not a "heart-broken" kind of condition tho). But now, "that" problem it kinda hinders my plan to undergo training this upcoming March. I thought I was doing and feeling well but I'm not.

Honestly, I still think that my heart problem was worse than this because my cardiac muscles might get tired and eventually stop. I'm not depressed  or sad with the thought I might die because of this resurfaced problem, but it makes me worry on how I will work as a healthy medical practitioner.

But then again, no one beats prayers and faith in God. I've been through a lot of problems like this in the past though I had Nanay to accompany me to the doctor. But now, I have to face this all by myself. I'm too old to be accompanied by a parent or relative (haha, my dad isn't even here, and no relative is available to join me in the hospital). I guess I have to rely on my experiences on how to deal with this. This time, the tables have been turned. I'm the patient now, and I need to do what the doctors would ask me to do. Hay, we really need to take care of our health.

I'm planning to jog every morning whenever I'm not busy. I guess having a healthy lifestyle would really help. And how I wish I had a handsome nurse to take care of me. If there's no one available, then I'll just hire myself to  be my personal nurse. HAHAHAHA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment