Friday, March 14, 2014

Training kemps #3

So our second week of post-grad training has just ended earlier and we'll be having our clinical duty this Monday. I'm excited but at the same time challenged because I need to act like a professional now, unlike my student nurse days that I still have to ask my clinical instructor about this and that. Phew! I can do this!

Monday
BLS didactics day. I already had my AHA BLS license last August that's why I wasn't enthusiastic enough to participate in our DOH BLS training. In the afternoon, I joined forces with Jam for our BLS practice. Gahd, I feel like my hands were beaten by paddles. I really compressed the dummy well and even did a mouth-to-mouth resuscitation! I can't imagine if I had to do it in real life. Well, we do have bag-valve mask in the hospital, and I should bring a CPR face shield with me anytime (if ever there would be any emergencies).

I stayed up all night to review for BLS and edit for our group report.

Tuesday
BLS practicals day. Jam and I activated our GC-ness and reviewed together. We thought we did well in our adult BLS but we forgot some important actions that's why our grades wasn't that outstanding. I think I sticked with Jam the whole day. :D Even though my hand hurts, I still finished our group's ppt til 1pm.

Wednesday
Group report day. Haha, I dunno why I felt nervous before the report. XD

Thursday
LAAAAATE! I woke up at 7:30 am and our retdem was at 8am! I had to rush to LCP without even taking a bath. HAHAHA. I arrived there at 8:29 and they wasn't even starting yet so I still had time to review. I was not in my usual self because I feel toxic with what we've done in the past few days. I did quite good in CTT, okay in suctioning and in ET care, but worse in Tracheostomy care. I'll do better in our actual duty, promise.

We were dismissed early so I still had time to meet with Cindy :) Again, I stayed up late again because of Jam (Viber-mates) and Allegiant (Tris died. KFLY.)

Friday
Last day!!! We had our post test and I luckily got a decent grade. I was just a point higher than my seatmates. Before our class started, Jam and I were talking about Irish and Mica. I feel like they're acting strange recently, well especially when I don't go with them (including Dean and Cyruz). Well honestly, I have my own choice whether to join you or not. Acting like owning someone in your group is really childish. I'm an independent person and I could hang out with anyone. I open myself to a lot of friendship possibilities. Then, I also feel that the four of them were much tighter now compared the past week I'm with them. I'm not the kind of person to just ride or force to include myself in a tight group of friends. I can go on my own, and I already proved that to myself. I don't need friends to survive (in our training), all I need is myself. I don't need to justify myself to them because we're not kids anymore, they just have to accept that sometimes I get to join them, and sometimes with other groups :) Another one, I was soooo irritated with my right seatmate. (Oh yeah, my weird seatmate with a sinister gaze and smile.) Since elementary to college, I don't want anyone to lay an arm or an elbow in my arm rest (or armchair) since they're depriving me some space to write and I don't want to rub elbows with anyone. If you need proof, go ask Iraki or JA. I moved my chair a lot of times and he still chased for my armrest. Gaaaah, I was already losing my patience earlier that I already cursed in Twitter. I really wanted to punch him in the face.

In the afternoon, we had our tour in the hospital and then we had our Fluids and Electrolytes update. Haha, I was able to answer about Trosseau sign! Yay!

----
Well that's all! I can't think any parting sentence for this entry. Kbye

No comments:

Post a Comment