And today's the 2nd death anniversary of Nanay. Yes, I'm literally living alone for 2 years now.. Two years of longing for a Nanay who's always there, 24/7 to give me the TLC that I really need.
Well, to share a some bits of my life here, Nanay is a vital person for who I am now. Let's just say that she took care of me even when I'm still not yet born. Yes, it is. When Mama was still alive (and I was still a baby then), I had my biological mom (which is Mama), and a nurturing mom (Nanay). Since Mama has to work, it was Nanay who's keeping an eye for me the whole day. And then until her remaining days, she made sure that I'm okay.
Growing up, I see Nanay as a real superwoman. Like, yeah, she can do anything. Sometimes, it makes me think that we don't even need a man to made those things done. She can even repair our roof too! You gotta love Nanay!
I can say that it was her who witnessed those "firsts" in my life. She's also my first teacher, and even the first one who taught me how to play the piano (unluckily I didn't took it seriously. Not musically-inclined tho). She's really patient to teach me this and that.
When it comes to my attitude, she has no problem with that. She respects the way about I think about a certain thing, or how I react. Though she's the one who taught me to cry silently, "Baka isipin ng kapitbahay, namatayan tayo." XD
BTW, she loves to sing. HAHA. Naalala ko lang bigla yung version nya ng " We are the world..... we are the children" and "....may sariling kakayahaaaaaan." Hahaha. Okaaaaay.
But a lot of things have changed after her death. Yes, I almost got a boyfriend after her death! Hahaha. Well, both of us just got it wrong. Aaaaaand! I almost failed my promise to Nanay if I happened to continue that thing! :P Then, I have to deal with my problems alone. I do talk to Lola about my problems, uh, in terms of finances or acads, or family matters, but not my personal problems, because I find it too petty to talk about. Aside from that, there are some things that I have to do now without anyone's help. Like, washing my own clothes, cooking my own food, going to the grocery, cleaning my apartment, budgeting my money for the whole month. Yes, those things may seem really petty to some of you, but not to me.
After her death, I learned a lot from what I have experienced. You have to be strong for yourself in order to surpass those obstacles. Always stick to your own values, because it will always remind you where you came from and how you were raised.
I thank God for giving me a wonderful Nanay who served as my second mother, my life mentor, and my inspiration. I know she's happy that I finally made my dream (and also her dream) come true :) I love you Nanay and I miss you so much. Hope you can visit me sometime! :P hihi
--------
Hahaha, I really can't arrainge my thoughts well. My hands were wet because I'm wiping off my tears! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment