I was supposed to blog about this topic months ago, but a scene from TTBY reminded me of this. So here, Im going to blog about my own thoughts on men carrying girls bags.
But before anything gets serious, let me insert Eros Atalia's quote from his book :) “Hindi din ako nagpi-prisinta na dalhin ang gamit ng mga babae. Lalo na ang bitbitin ang kanilang shoulder bag. Hindi dahil ayokong isiping bading ako. Ang sa akin lang, nabuhat nga nila yung bag mula bahay hanggang school, tapos kapag nakakita ng lalake, bigla silang manghihina.”
Honestly, it's a nice view when you see boys carry a girl's bag. The first thing that enters your mind is that "He's such a gentleman" or "He's so sweet." And girls definitely dream of having their own "bag-carrier." HAHAHA. On my part, I also dream of having a guy like that, and as I age, I think it's kinda corny when guys do that, especially when they do it because of a certain reason, not for being a gentleman.
Let me cite an example. Last October, I went out with my former "eme". That time I was carrying a heavy bag that contains my school uniform (because I had an exam before we met that afternoon), shoes, laptop, and notebooks. He noticed that my bag is huge that day, and said "Ang bigat ng bag mo. Ako na magdadala." And I asked him why. I'm kinda used to carry heavy bags since high school. Hey, I got strong shoulders, you know. "Bakit?" "Para naman ma-experience mo maging boyfriend ako." Yes? And carrying a girl's bag signifies a good boyfriend? WOW! I didn't know about that!
In my early days in college, no one ever bothers to carry my bag. And I don't care, I can carry it all by myself, and I don't need someone to carry my things to make them look good as a person. Sometimes, I do ask people to carry some of my things, well, light and handy things only. But it's still different when a person voluntarily carries your things, because they know that it is right, not by any other superficial and hypocrite reasons.
As of this post, I only experienced being asked by a person once if he could carry my bag was during my final semester. The reason? Because a heavy and expensive camera of our friend is in my bag. Knowing that a lot of bad elements surrounds our school, we have to take care of it. Haha. One thing that makes me smile whenever I remember that evening was because of my bag's color, pink :D Just think of a handsome man who carries a pink jansport bag :D
Even though it's not because of a mushy reason why that person carried my bag, still, it really feels good to see someone carry your bag. Because for me, my bag is "not just a bag", it contains my world :)
No comments:
Post a Comment