Saturday, July 21, 2012

Kinda, umm definitely, or maybe certainly

I was actually reading some articles in a known sports website and came across to an article made by an FEU correspondent. Since his article is about FEU (but of course!), I easily clicked to read it. And after that I was satisfied with the infos that I got, but not its composition.

I really have a keen eye on errors and corrections. It's a natural thing since I'm a writer and I need to check mine and our section's articles too. Tito June Ace was the one who taught me about these things, and up to now, I'm still learning from him.

The moment that I read the article all over again, I got to see some redundances, inconsistencies, missed letters and incomplete thoughts. At some point, he's also text speaking (like making "yung" to "ung"). He also didn't follow some basic rules in writing, like hyphens and commas. I was wondering whether his editor checked his work or not, or maybe they just let it that way, showing what the writer has originally typed.

Honestly, I'm kinda, umm definitely, or maybe certainly not happy. I don't require him to ask help from me or from anyone else, but before doing such write-up in a website like that, you need to make sure that every little thing that you put there must be correct. I hope he read some online articles first before he wrote, atleast he has the idea and the technique. I'm not a perfect writer, I have problems with grammar but I still make it to the point that I always read to enhance my writing and correct my errors.

There's still a room for improvements. This may be his first time to make such an article, umm, not really an article, but a kind of blog entry, so I guess I'll just let this pass. Not everyone can be good in 2 skills, someone might be good in reporting rather than writing or vice versa.

---
Oh! Another info, I also tried to be a correspondent for that website. Actually, when I auditioned, we were asked to report and make our own script. Unluckily, I was not chosen. Haha, though I'm fond of talking, well,  reporting may not be for me. I think, I belong to public speaking or debating. HAHA. And aside from that, my spiel sounds like an article. The last time I made a script for sports reporting was during our Speech class in my sophomore year. But that was a different thing since my script was just plainly a report, not a play-by-play one. Haha, oh! Don't get me wrong guys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment