Monday, September 24, 2012

Going up


Covering UAAP Basketball for 2 consecutive season's really amazing. You got to see basketball games a few inches away from you. You see scenes that can't be seen in television, like players talking or tapping their opponent, their facial expressions when they miss a shot or when they fell on the floor like a weak puppet.
I watched FEU's games last year, and honestly, I wasn't expecting that we're going to have our 2nd straight Finals appearance. But FEU pulled that season to an exciting and fantastic one, nailing those cardiac games and proving everyone that they'll definitely make it again, though in a roller-coaster ride to the top. 
That time, I was really scared that the Tamaraws would face Ateneo if they place 4th. Well, that would be suicidal for us. Luckily, UST bowed to NU in their final game and FEU won against DLSU. Before coming to semifinals, I was thinking that since Adamson stopped Ateneo's elims sweep, FEU would lose easily. Adamson also cancelled their classes that afternoon while FEU still carried on. I opted to cut my afternoon class to watch and support the team aside from doing my duty.
Some of the kids I met at the venue skipped their classes too just to catch the game that might be our last for that season. Yet, FEU ended it with a 10 point advantage. And the team's luck continued up to their rubber match and booked a round trip ticket again to the championships.
Again, FEU choked in their 2-game finals against their foes, Ateneo. I know it's hard to lose another crown again, but everyone must move on and improve their skills once again.
This year, FEU sparked in their opening game, with RR Garcia doing the magic again. The Tamaraws saw themselves at the top of the standing with 4-0. Not until NU halted it. The green and gold squad remained positive yet lost again to Ateneo at the end of the 1st round elims. The Tams showed everyone that they're really hungry for the gold when they trounced UST with 20 points, and then bowed again to Ateneo.
Their two loses against Ateneo's really a tough one, but their 2nd round match-up against NU was a very big blow to them. And then, DLSU made FEU's way to third spot blurred with Vosotros' baskets.
Come their rematch, Im confident that FEU would notch this, but seeing them play with crappy defense and kinda chaotic plays made me bow down and asked extra help from above. God heard my prayers and gave FEU a run to catch up with NU's score. The game reached overtime and FEU was up by 6 points, not until Parks made those terrific shots that shackled the Morayta-based cagers.
We left Araneta Coliseum with a pierced heart and unexplainable facial expression. We tried to keep the pain but we cant.
I know, rants and rages would not really help our squad right now. It's just disappointing to see that you're on top of the standings and now fighting for dear life at fourth. This doesn't mean that FEU's a weak team, it's just because of certain circumstances that caused them to be at that hanging spot. We almost had it all, but we let it slipped away.
That first match up was undeniably ours, but let's stop all these buzzes, it already happened. "bilog ang bola", right?
So let's just put our whole faith and support to them, I know that they need us. Even though we're going to face a lot of trials along the way, I know we'll definitely get there at the right time. 
IDC about my grammatical errors here, I just wanna voice out what I feel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment