Thursday, January 21, 2016

TWM 012116

After getting my hair done, I decided to visit a coffee shop, stumbled upon a book, and left like my point of view in life changed 360 degrees.
The book I happened to browse in a beautiful tree-like shelf isn’t new to my eyes since my former dorm mate had the same book. I heard that it’s a good one, but I hadn’t gave too much attention about it since I’m into YA novels that feeds my hunger for lovelife. That tree-like bookshelf has a lot of familiar covers, I made up my mind picking up that Mitch Albom book.
If you already read the book I’m talking about, you know that it started with Mitch telling the last meeting he had with his former professor and “coach”, Morrie Schwartz. After reading few pages, I found my eyes brimming with tears. With my lower lid having a hard time keeping my tears, it finally gave up, and some of my tears ended up going on my nose, thus making me have cold-like tears. Everything Morrie says and Mitch shares, it struck me so hard since I can relate to it. I share the same questions and dilemmas with Mitch, and it’s quite timely that he welcomed back Morrie to his life.
Knowing that Morrie actually lived (at first I thought he’s just a fictional character) made me inspire him more. Who would’ve thought that a person like him is real. He’s like a perfect character without any flaws, aside from ALS, of course, plus he has a brilliant mind and strong mentality.
I haven’t finished the book yet, so I’m planning to buy a copy of the book (and other Mitch Albom works) and read it at home. I’ll write a part 2 after I read the book completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment