Sunday, October 25, 2015

Let's just say that I'm losing a lot of weight during my stay in the ER but the experience is amazing except the fact that you can't escape problems that comes with your work. I can't really enumerate the problems that I've encountered, but some of them really left a mark and almost made my heart explode and provoke seizure.

There was a time that I answered a referral phone and I failed to hand it over to our ROD, and since then I vowed not to lift that damn phone again since it almost got me into trouble. Hahaha, we had a truckload of referrals that day and the ER was so jam-packed that CO2 is all that we're breathing. Another one was my failed ecg, and the leads aren't helping since it's not attaching well on our old lady patient. Well, might be the sagging skin tho. Another one was the CS patient that I had to prepare for a short time, and the preeclamptic patient that I had to endorse to ward even past my shift. Lastly, the damn thermometer that made me get into a fight with our NA. I was so annoyed that she has to repeat the whole damn thing over and over again. It was so early then, but my patience is running low already. And oh, addendum: I was a bit pissed yesterday when our ROD didnt even bothered to take the referral call and just let me blurt out or ask anything regarding the referral I dont even know. Ugh, how I hate the hoobae-sunbae thingy. I looked dumb during the phone call, and I dunno if the other line noticed how dumb my questions were.

Honestly, I can't say if I'm really learning, but I think I'm getting there? I'm not that confident yet when it comes to ER setup but i hope I'd learn more. Good luck to meeeee!!!!!!

I want to work to a bigger hospital to see if I did really learned, improved, or not. Seriously, I felt like I performed well during my training than now.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment