Sunday, April 1, 2012

Backpacking with Ate Reich

Last Saturday, Ate Reich and I went to Tagaytay just to escape the city and to have fun :) We met at Recto Station as early as 8am and rode a bus to Tagaytay in Lawton. We kept on talking and sharing stories until I fell asleep (di ko tuloy nakita yung Imus :P) We arrived in Tagaytay past 10am, the bus dropped off passengers at Olivarez and rode a jeepney to Picnic Grove.

Since I was really hungry that I had headache already, we had our early lunch at a nearby resto. Then went straight to Picnic Grove and took lots of pictures. I missed that place and still reminds me of our roadtrip with Mommy, my cousins and most especially Nanay. We didn't tried zipline yet we walked around and explored the place. After that, we went to People's park in the Sky. Actually I've already been there before that's why I know the place. It was really cold while on the way yet it's cool since you gotta experience the breeze of the wind and made my hair messy. It was the highest part of Tagaytay so we've seen some fogs and enjoyed the cold air in spite of wearing summer attire (knitted sando and shorts), good thing I brought my favorite jacket with me. Going up to the park was a bit tiring and it took us almost 7 minutes to be up there, while going down took us only 4 minutes or less.We had an ample time there to sit down, relax, and continue all the talking. Seeing and feeling (yes! we felt the fogs' coolness with our flesh) the fogs was quite fun. And I was like a 5-year old kid saying "foooooooogs!" :)))) And the place down the PPS was really cool. It will remind you of Forks (Twilight) because of those trees which are similar of that of the film. Since mommy is planning to visit Tagaytay Highlands on June, probably we'll drop by the area, YEAY!

After People's park, we decided to go to Tierra de Maria Shrine in front Developmental Academy of the Philippines. It's a sacred place where you'll see a 50-feet tall statue of Our Lady of Manaoag. People from different places go there and pray for their adorations or wishes. Some things had changed in the place since I last June 2010. Ate and I bought rings with the crucifix in it. Unluckily, the ring that I was able to buy only fitted in my pinkie finger :)) Since we're hungry again, we went to Starbucks near Silang crossing and a beautiful view welcomed us again. It was a lot better if you want to see the volcano closer. The area was as cold as the PPS. To be able to have a better thermoregulation in our body, we had coffee and some bread to feed us. I had signature hot chocolate and my ever-favorite cinnamon swirl while looking at the beautiful scenic view. How I wish I could go  near the volcano's crater. I've been interested in geology since I was young. Well, I cant deny that since I have those set of books bought by my mom when I was only a year old then, kept by Nanay and Lola til 4 and discovered those treasures (I mean books) by myself (pakialamera :P). I spent my time lying on my bed with closed door and silence all over then concentrated with my reading. So when Ate and I talked about those stuff, and our geeky selves were unleashed :))

After we ate, we took some pictures and also roamed the place. Then we sneaked in a nearby family resto just to have those photo opts with the place. HAHA. The place was cool and relaxing and there came the fog again so it's cold again. Then, we waited for a bus at 6pm and we're back in Manila by 9pm. And I was sleeping all throughout the trip and Ate Reich, as always, was vigilant and widely awake :))

That was my first time to have a roadtrip by means of commuting. We really had fun :)

Enjoy!

in front of Picnic Grove

with Ate Reich



People's Park in the Sky

the breath-taking shot!

And Ate hugs Spongebob's haven

At Tierra de Maria

Taal's view at Starbucks Tagaytay. Much closer than PG

Very Glee?

Outside Starbucks Tagaytay. Much better picture with the volcano





At Leslie's resto :)

No comments:

Post a Comment